Welcome!

The Bolden's want to welcome you to our blog! We decided to share this mission with you all, as we desire to bring glory to the name of Jesus! Go with us on this journey, and we will see God complete the work He began in our hearts long ago!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait!

     As Christmas Day approaches, we feel the sadness of Lucia not being here with us. Her stocking is on the mantle, and her "lady bug" pillow pet was ready for her! While we wish she could be here to experience Christmas with us, this delay has given us the opportunity to get the initial paperwork sent in for the adoption. God always takes what satan meant for evil, and turns it around for good......always.
     Five or six years ago I linked arms with a group of missionaries in Russia, and they sent me a picture of the sweetest little orphan down on her knees in prayer. She was a little Russian girl, and she reminded us to pray. My 3 children have since then been faithful to remind their daddy and I to pray for the orphans. Ben would say things like, "Can we just get them all?" Eli draws pictures of orphanages with little smiling faces in every window. Even Princess Madalyn asks for a sister. :)
     When planning for Lucia to arrive, I wanted to find a Russian Bible. I went to several different book stores, and they couldn't even order one! As one last effort, I went in a local Christian bookstore. The man behind the counter had the same hopeless answer for me.....but he said, "Let me let you talk to her." A petite, brown-haired girl came around the corner. After the gentleman told her what I was looking for, she replied," hang on, I have one in my car". As tears immediately filled my eyes, she came running back in with a Russian Bible in hand! She asked why I needed it.....and I told her we were hosting an orphan for the Holidays. I was amazed when she told me she was once an orphan! She was so full of JOY and HOPE, and she shared her story with me with confidence. It was clear to me at that moment that God hadn't wanted me to simply purchase a Russian Bible......HE wanted to place one in my hands, delivered from a previous orphan!
     Friends, rescuing an orphan can never be wrong. As a matter of fact, it is a sure way to please the heart of the Father. There is no purer form of religion.....HE wants us to care for His children! I am so sure of this, that I am trusting HIM to pave the way....go before us...and provide every need. I am amazed at the confirmations He will send in order to accomplish His will. So as I sit here looking at all of the Christmas decorations, selfishly wishing she was here.....I can't help but trust that it was in His will and purpose to allow us to proceed with THE MISSION. Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. This is the heart Jesus' promise to His disciples in John 14, the promise that precedes His promises about the Holy Spirit:"I tell you the truth,anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name,and I will do it."

    ReplyDelete